Changes in Alpha 0.1.0 and other ramblings
So today i uploaded the alpha 0.1.0 to the play store. It should be visible in a matter of hours.
What has been implemented:
- Shop Interface for buying Items ( mainly plants for now )
- Inventory interface to access your bought goods and use them on the game
- Basic plant mechanics such as
- Planting plants
- Plant growth
- Plant growth rewards
What did i learn during the development of this version
- Using Unity's tilemap is actually really cool and better than actually coding your own
- Android built games have no filesystem, so you have to access to resources asynchronously through a coroutine
- For multiplatform compatibility it is better to use built-in filesystem-dependant separators for file paths such as Environment.NewLine and Path.Combine
- Invisible UI elements block raycasts and have to be added to a CanvasGroup to actually tell them to behave properly and ignore raycast when needed.
I now am on the process of implementing real mechanics to the game. I have several ideas for what to make next:
- A forest simulator - Ecology game where the player handles a tiny ecosystem in their device. It would operate on the same basis a real ecosystem does.
- A network based game - Plants have to be "connected" between them to survive, and the player has to build a network of plants to grow their forest.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.